Categories: Events Date: 04 January 2010 Title: 9 January TREC Event DetailsDetails of the next TREC Event - Saturday, 9 January 2010
NEXT TREC MEETING - THIS SATURDAY 9 JAN 2010
January's TREC event will feature:
- The 'Shared Histories, Shared Futures' Project: Intergenerational 'LGB' + 'T' community dialogue. This project is funded by a 'Celebr8, Don't Discriminate' Community Cohesion Award. *Please note, this session will be filmed.
- Sexual Health Clinic, sponsored by Manchester Centre for Sexual Health
- Transphobic Hate Crime Reporting Surgery, sponsored by the Crime and Disorder Partnership.
- Discussion about NHS health policies and activism
- Networking sessions:
*SOFFA (Signficant Others, Friends, Family and Allies) Group
*Trans People Who Identify as LGB Group
*Creative Writing Group
*Young People's Group (18-25)
- Opportunites for self-organised space
- - - - - - - -
The Trans Resource & Empowerment Centre (TREC) has been set up by volunteers from the NW trans community. We provide regular activities for all trans and gender variant people, covering the areas of Health, Policy/Law, Safety, Creativity, Networking and Community/Culture. Activities take place one weekend per month in a dedicated space at the Lesbian and Gay Foundation (LGF) building, Central Manchester.
*By "Trans / Transgender" we are referring to all people who consider themselves to fall under the trans / transgender and gender variant umbrella and indeed anyone who feels that the gender assigned to them at birth incompletely describes or does not at all describe their own personal gender or non-gender identity. TREC holds central to all its activities that everyone should be safe and valued whatever their gender identity / gender diversity and have full freedom in their gender expression. We invite all trans* people as well as our friends, families and allies to be involved in our activities.