TREC is an independent organisation based in Manchester that provides a wide range of monthly programming and empowerment opportunities for the Trans community in a safe and accessible space. TREC welcomes all Trans people (18+) and anyone else who feels that the gender assigned to them at birth incorrectly or incompletely describes their gender. We also have activities for partners, friends, families and allies.
If you would like more information or are interested in volunteering, please contact us.
TREC exists to advance and empower the Trans community in the North West by delivering services, raising public awareness, developing opportunities for networking and representation, and promoting good practice by other agencies.
Statement of Values
TREC believes that all individuals are unique and worthy of respect, and that no-one should be disadvantaged by their gender identity or expression.
TREC is committed to equal opportunities and opposed to all forms of discrimination.
TREC recognises the value of diversity both within and beyond the Trans community.
TREC recognises the equality of all sections of the Trans community without any sense of hierarchy.
TREC believes that all Trans people should have the opportunity to reach their full potential as members of society.
TREC sees itself as a “broad church”, focusing on the Trans community but engaging with the wider society.
1. To promote a positive public awareness about the Trans community.
2. To organise regular education, leisure and social activities for members of the Trans community.
3. To develop an information resource for the Trans community and the wider public.
4. To develop a consultation network for the Trans community.
5. To develop a range of services for the Trans community in areas such as health and hate crime.
TREC is a member of: